FREELANCE FASHION DESIGNER / SEAMSTRESS POSITION
IDEAL CANDIDATE TO BEGIN WORKING FROM FEBRUARY / MARCH 2021.
We are looking to employ an experienced fashion designer / Seamstress to construct garments from home according to our needs. The Seamstress's responsibilities include cutting fabric, constructing garments and quality control. You should also be able to estimate the cost of constructing various garments, taking into account the amount of time and materials required.
LMN-ADE is currently ran by two university undergraduate students - Lauren (Fashion Design) and Meryem (Illustration and Design). Both will be entering their final year of study in September 2022 and schedules will begin to get busy, hence the search for a talented seamstress to join the team.
- MUST BE ABLE TO READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON PATTERNS
- MUST HAVE A SUITABLE LEVEL OF PATTERN CUTTING KNOWLEDGE
- MUST HAVE A SUITABLE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE ON FABRICS
- MUST OWN A INDUSTRIAL OR DOMESTIC SEWING MACHINE AND OVERLOCKER (MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FROM HOME)
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN A TIMELY MANNER AND MEET DEADLINES.
Specific Skills and Techniques that we prefer the seamstress to know how to do (However training can be offered):
- Flatlocking with a 3 or 4 thread overlocker
- Twin Needle Stitching
- Sewing on zips, buttons and fastenings
- Sewing Gathers
- LMN-ADE does not yet have a design studio, therefore this position will need to be fulfilled from the candidates home.
- Fabric, Patterns, Components and Fastenings will be delivered to you.
- The candidate will not be required to do any printing of any sort - just sewing.
- The candidate will need to decide a base price for making each garment we request. We will then request an invoice and order in bulk (e.g ten size smalls or fifteen size mediums).
- We will set a deadline for this and pay 50% upfront and pay the last 50% when the garments have been posted back to us successfully.
Most of our garments are made our of jerseys and stretch fabrics, so the ideal candidate will need to specialise in this.